Modern network systems encompass a wide range of solutions and technologies, including wireless and wired networks, network systems, services, and applications. This results in numerous active research areas oriented towards various technical, scientific and social aspects of network systems and applications. The primary objective of this Topical Area is to group network-related tracks and promote synergy between different fields of network-related research.
The rapid development of computer networks including wired and wireless networks observed today is very evolving, dynamic, and multidimensional. On the one hand, network technologies are used in virtually several areas that make human life easier and more comfortable. On the other hand, the rapid need for network deployment brings new challenges in network management and network design, which are reflected in hardware, software, services, and security-related problems. Every day, a new solution in the field of technology and applications of computer networks is released. This Topical Area is devoted to emphasizing up-to-date topics in networking systems and technologies by covering problems and challenges related to the intensive multidimensional network developments. It covers not only the technological side but also the societal and social impacts of network developments. The track is inclusive and spans a wide spectrum of networking-related topics.
This Topical Area is a great place to exchange ideas, conduct discussions, introduce new ideas and integrate scientists, practitioners, and scientific communities working in networking research themes.
We are seeking original, relevant, and high-quality research papers related, but not limited, to the following topics:
- Networks architecture
- Networks management
- Quality-of-Service enhancement
- Performance modeling and analysis
- Fault-tolerant challenges and solutions
- 5G developments and applications
- Traffic identification and classification
- Switching and routing technologies
- Protocols design and implementation
- Wireless sensor networks
- Future Internet architectures
- Networked operating systems
- Industrial networks deployment
- Software-defined networks
- Self-organizing and self-healing networks
- Mulimedia in Computer Networks
- Communication quality and reliability
- Emerging aspects of networking systems
We will also solicit papers about current implementation efforts, research results, as well as position statements from industry and academia regarding applications of networking technology.